1. Apple cider vinegar. This kitchen staple has long been used to treat a wide variety of ailments, including food poisoning. Use it on its own or mix it with potent all-natural ingredients to make a powerful tonic, as suggested by Health and Healthy Living.
2. Garlic. Cultures around the world use garlic as a natural antibiotic. It was even used to fend off the plague! Food Matters says to benefit from the active ingredient in garlic known as allicin, you should crush the garlic and eat it raw.
3. Oregano oil. Food Matters recommends using an oregano oil with 70 percent carvacrol to stamp out not only bacteria, but also viruses and fungi.
4. Honey. If you have a minor cut or wound, reach for your jar of honey. According to Food Matters, the sticky substance kills such serious bacteria as MRSA.
5. Cayenne pepper. The heat will burn away bacteria. The Healthy Home Economist explains when capsicum essential oil is diluted with a carrier oil like olive oil, it is effective against skin infections. It is also powerful enough to fight strep throat when gargled with fresh garlic and raw honey.
6. Ginger. This spicy root used to be relied upon to prevent and treat food poisoning, says The Healthy Home Economist. Use it to absorb food-borne pathogens in the gut.