Turmeric milk is a popular drink that originates from the traditional Indian and Ayurvedic medicine, and it is usually consumed before going to bed.
Turmeric is an incredibly beneficial spice which has been scientifically confirmed to:
- Have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that relieve arthritis pain
- Soothes pain and fever
- Improves blood circulation and thins out blood
- Soothes the digestive tract and has strong antiseptic properties that prevent ulcers
- Detoxifies the liver and boosts its function and the bile flow
Cucumin is also a powerful cancer-fighter, and destroys several types of cancer cells in the laboratory. In animals, curcumin prevents or slows down the spread of cancer in the liver, colon, skin, breast, fore-stomach, and duodenum.
It also has anti-angiogenic properties so it slows the formation of new blood vessels in tumors, leads to asphyxiation of tumors and prevents their growth and metastases.
The following recipe contains ginger too, which has strong anti-inflammatory properties, honey, which has numerous medicinal properties, and coconut milk, which is rich in healthy fats, lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, which add to its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
Here is how to prepare the delicious turmeric milk:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1″ piece of ginger sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to boost the absorption of turmeric, but avoid it in the case of any ulcerative intestinal issues)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- raw honey( optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan, and whisk them together. Then, heat the mixture over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Then, lower the heat, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Next, strain out the ginger, and sweeten with honey.
If you want to be prepared and have this remedy always at hand:
Mix the following in a small jar:
- 3 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Close the jar and shake. Then, mix a teaspoon of this mixture with a cup of milk and drink every night before going to sleep.