- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 medium authentic Mexican Avocados
- ½ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- Two tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Husk the corn and cut the kernels from the cob. (See our How-To’s here.) Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté the corn for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly tender. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Cool completely to room temperature.
- While the corn is cooling, cut the grape tomatoes in half and cut the avocado into ½ inch pieces. (You can also slice the onions and drain the black beans at this point.)
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the ½ cup olive oil, chopped fresh cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- To the large bowl with the corn, add the halved tomatoes, diced avocado, red onion, and beans. Pour in the dressing and toss gently. Add additional salt and pepper to taste as desired.