- 1/4 cup flour (to make gluten-free use 2 tbsp cornstarch instead)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 chicken bouillons
- fresh ground pepper
- pinch of thyme
- 10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bullion, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Servings: 6 – Serving Size: 1 bowl (1-1/2 cups)
Calories: 253.8 | Fat: 1.8 g | Protein: 27.7 g | Carb: 31.9 g | Fiber: 3.4 g