- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups ginger snap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup Kahlúa liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- In a pot over low heat melt the chocolate chips in evaporated milk, stirring constantly, until well blended. Then remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Combine all remaining ingredients except the coconut and stir into the chocolate mixture, blending well.
- Shape the mixture into 1- to 1 1/2-inch balls and if the dough is too moist, add up to 1/3 cup more cookie crumbs, next roll in coconut. Let air-dry for two hours on waxed paper. Then transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator.
- Serve in pleated, brown-paper candy cups
* Makes about 4 dozen