- 3(14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1(15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2cup uncooked brown rice
- 1⁄2cup onion, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 8cups fresh spinach or 8 cupskale leaves, coarsely chopped
- asiago cheese, finely shredded
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine vegetable broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 5-7 hours or on high heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach or kale and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.