Back to Top
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3cup water
- 1⁄4teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1dash salt
- 2egg whites, unbeaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, cream of tartar, water, and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling, stirring till sugar dissolves.
- In mixing bowl, very slowly add sugar syrup to unbeaten egg whites, beating constantly with electric mixer until stiff peaks form for about 7 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Frosts tops and sides of two eight or nine-inch layers, or one 10-inch tube or one 9×13 pan.