- ½ Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 1–2tsps powdered dried porcini mushrooms (made by finely grinding 1–2 dried porcini mushrooms)
- 2 sirloin steaks, approx. 225g each
- 2 very large oyster or field mushrooms
- Sprigs of parsley
- Preheat two heavy griddle pans until very hot.
- While pans are heating, prepare the seasoning paste. Crumble the Knorr Beef Stock Cube into a small bowl and mix in two table spoons of olive oil to form a paste. Add in the powdered porcini and mix well.
- Spread half the paste equally and thoroughly over the top side of each of the steaks.
- Place steaks on the griddle pan, seasoned side-down. Then cook for 3 minutes. As they cook evenly spread the remaining paste over the unseasoned side of each steak, and turn them over in the pan.
- Cook for a further three minutes, then turn off the gas and allow the steaks to continue to cook in the residual heat of the griddle pan till cooked to taste, turning over at least once or twice as you do so.
- Reduce the heat and complete the cooking over a very low heat if your pan isn’t thick enough to retain the heat in this way.
- While the steaks are cooking, rub a little olive oil over the oyster mushrooms then cook them on the second griddle pan until cooked through, allowing two–three minutes per side.
- On a serving platter place the griddled mushrooms. Top each mushroom with a cooked steak then pour over a little more olive oil and garnish with parsley sprigs and serve at once.