- 5medium size tomatoes
- 1medium size red onion
- 1 1⁄2cups vegetable broth
- 1teaspoon flour
- 2tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4cup parsley
- 2cloves or 2 garlic
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- If you wish, place 3 to 4 parsley leaves to the top of the soup for decoration.
- Pour the soup again to your sauce pan and add the cheese.
- Add half of the parsley leaves to the soup and pour it to your food processor, and liquefy it.
- Let it boiled and reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now, slowly add the vegetable broth to the mixture and whisk to avoid lumps on the soup.
- When the onions are cooked, add the 1 small teaspoon of flour and mix well, cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- After that, add the onion and the tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for about 5 min.
- Add margarine to a medium size saucepan and let it melt at medium heat.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Cut each tomato into four pieces.