- 1(1 lb) box tri-colored pasta
- 2cups chopped green peppers
- 2cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2cups chopped red onions
- 1⁄2lb cubed provolone cheese(optional)
- 1⁄2lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2cup sliced black olives
- 3⁄4cup pompeian extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4cup pompeian red wine vinegar (this brand is excellent in this dish)
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 1tablespoon oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- Mix together dressing first and set aside until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Cook pasta according to box directions and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Slice the sliced pepperoni circles in half and separate slices.
- Mix together with pasta and chopped items, except the provolone cheese.
- Pour dressing over it all and mix well.
- Chill well.
- Add provolone cheese to salad before serving, otherwise it gets soggy.
- You may have to add extra red wine vinegar or olive oil to get it to the desired consistency.
- Some people like it moist, others on the drier side.
- This is guaranteed not to last long before it is completely devoured!