- 6-7 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 can(s) chicken broth, 14.5 oz
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 10 3/4 oz.
- 1 can(s) cream of celery soup,10 3/4 oz.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 stickunsalted butter
- ·salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c milk (for thinning, but I never use it. I like thick soup!)
- 1 pkg real bacon bits or cooked crumbled bacon (use the amount you like…we love bacon around here!)
- ·cheddar cheese, shredded
- ·green onions
- Cook potatoes and onion in chicken broth along with just enough water to cover potatoes and onions. Cook until tender. (Once tender, I used a potato masher to mash a few to make the soup kinda thick. Don’t mash ALL the potatoes because you still want chunks of potato in the soup!)
- Add cubes of cream cheese. Remove from heat until cheese is melted. Return to low/medium heat.
- Add half the bacon, soups, butter, and spices. Cook for another 10 or so minutes.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. I also used a little green onion to garnish.
** I added a small handful of shredded cheddar cheese to the soup when adding the bacon, soups, butter & spices… just because we love the cheddar taste! ****
Serve HOT & Enjoy! 🙂
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”