Back to Top
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1lb Italian sausage, casings removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2head cabbage, shredded
- 1onion, sliced thin
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon sage
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1(28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6cups water
- 2 -3tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2cup instant rice
- In a large pot, fry cabbage and onion in butter and olive oil on HIGH heat until onions start to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice, bring them to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cover, then simmer until sausage is done and cabbage is tender.
- Add rice and return heat to HIGH, then simmer uncovered until rice is cooked.